The building is located in a park area in the historical centre of Pilsen, 50m from the central Square of the Republic. That is why the Continental Hotel is definitely a great place for weddings, family celebrations and corporate events. The premises offer solutions for groups of up to 100 people.
There are 20 parking spaces for the hotel guests for a fee of CZK 150 right in front of the hotel or 1 parking space for a bus for a fee of CZK 500. Motorbikes can park on the hotel courtyard free of charge.
The hotel was founded by the Citizens’ Brewery in 1895; originally, it was named Menčík, later Pilsner Hof. In the late 1920s, now under the name Continental, it was renovated by its new owner, Václav Ledecký, and became the most luxurious accommodation in Pilsen.
During an air raid in December 1944 , the hotel was hit and had to undergo extensive renovations. After the liberation by the U.S. Army, the Continental Hotel became the headquarters of General Hinds and the officers of the 2nd Infantry Division. The hotel was nationalised in 1952 and 40 years later it was returned to the original owners, who took up the family tradition in hotel trade.